2 large shallots, sliced, divided
1 clove garlic, whole, skin on
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 small butternut squash, halved, seeded
1 cup mixed mushrooms, minced
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese of preference
2 cups stock, chicken or vegetable
1 handful fresh sage
1/2 cup whipping cream, 35%
Pasta sheets for ravioli
Parmiggiano for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Drizzle 2 Tbsp oil over shallots, garlic, squash and roast for 45 to 60 min until squash is tender. Set aside shallots and garlic. Scoop out squash and set aside.
2. In medium pan with remaining oil, saute mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Peel roasted garlic and mash with fork. Combine garlic, mushrooms, half of the shallots, ricotta, and preferred cheese. Stuff ravioli with this filling.
4. In same pan, add squash, remaining shallots, stock and sage. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 min. Let cool slightly, puree. Add cream. Simmer 3 to 5 min.
5. In large pot, bring salted water to a rolling boil. Cook ravioli until pasta is tender and filling is cooked through, 3 to 5 min.
6. Toss ravioli with squash sauce. Divide among plates. Garnish with parmigiano. Serve immediately.