Recipe: Garganelli al Gaunciale
100g guanciale, chopped into ½” dice
2 links Angelo Bean Baco Noir Infused Sausage, casing removed
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups chicken stock
1- 28oz can diced tomatoes, drained
Garganelli or other fresh pasta enough for 4 servings
1/2 cup grated aged pecorino or Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
1 Tbsp butter
- In large pan, fry guanciale and sausage meat over medium-high heat until sausage is cooked through and guanciale is crispy.
- Warm milk in microwave, add to pan, cook, uncovered, over medium heat until all the milk has evaporated, about 10 to 15 min. Stir occasionally. (The sauce will curdle if the milk is not entirely evaporated.)
- Add warm stock and tomatoes, simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 min.
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain. Add to sauce pan.
- Stir in cheese and butte. Serve immediately.