Recipe: Seasonal Greens & Sausage Pasta in a White Wine Cream Sauce
- 1 pkg (1lb) ONTALIA Riesling Infused Berkshire Pork Sausage, casings removed
- 1 Tbsp olive
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine (Riesling, sauvignon blanc, pinot gris)
- 3 cups seasonal greens , washed and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- 1/2 cup 35% whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cooked Pasta, enough for 4 servings
- grated hard cheese cheese
In large fry pan, over medium heat, heat oil, add garlic and shallots, saute stirring often until soften and fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add sausage meat stir to break up any chunks. Saute until meat is no longer pink. Remove to plate and set aside.
Add white wine to pan, bring to boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up brown bits at bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until wine is reduced by half.
Add meat mixture, greens and whipping cream, stir to blend well. Season to taste. Cook until greens are wilted and cream is warmed through.
Toss with cooked pasta. Top with grated cheese, serve immediately.