2 links Angelo Bean Riesling Infused Sausage, casing removed
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 handful dried porcini mushrooms
2 king mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
1/2 cup dry white wine
olive oil to coat pan
1/4 cup grated pecorino or parmiggiano cheese
basic pasta or stracci recipe for 4
1. Steep porcini mushrooms in 1 cup hot water to hydrate.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Saute shallots and sausage meat until browned, stirring frequently.
3. Add king and cremini mushrooms and saute for a few minutes. Add wine and reduce heat to low.
4. Strain porcini mushrooms with a fine mesh sieve or tea strainer into the pan. Then finely chop porcini mushrooms and add to pan.
5. Add thyme to pan. Simmer over low heat until sauce is reduced by half.
6. Cook pasta. Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta water. Add pasta to skillet. Add grated cheese. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly. Add small amounts of pasta water (in 1/4 cup increments) until desired sauce consistency is achieved. Serve immediately.