About My Sausages
Salsiccia Ubriaca (Drunken Sausage)
I make these sausages using pasture-raised Heritage Pork from small family-run farms in Ontario. The secret is the addition of high quality wine in a concentrated form. This results in a variety of sausages that enable you to experience the flavours of different types of wine. The only ingredients used are: Heritage Pork, natural casings, kosher salt, pepper and concentrated wine. The wine reduction is a unique process that I invented which allows me to maximize the amount of wine in each sausage. The grind is coarse to highlight the quality of the meat (a fine grind would hide the impurities and fat) and to emulate the punta di coltello method of stuffing the sausages used in the past when no meat grinders existed. This is part of the whole method of minimal handling and friction, which creates heat and changes the texture of the final product. They are vacuum packed and frozen in packages of four.
Pasture raised Berkshire pork shoulder butt from the DeMartines farm, Perth Pork, in Stratford. Kosher salt, pepper & reduced wine. Produced in very small batches.
Riesling and pork is a classic match, so it makes perfect sense to marry the two in this sausage. The wine adds a subtle citrus note to the smoky/sweet pork, which is left in a fairly chunky state for added texture.
- The original Salsiccia responsible for the “Ontario Sausage King” title!
Prince Edward County (PEC) Varieties:
My Prince Edward County sausages contain pork from small family farms in PEC as well a variety wine, cider, beer and spirits from the County.
Sandbank, Baco Noir Salsiccia:
- A coarse ground sausage, containing only wine, grape skin powder, salt and pepper
- Locally raised pork shoulder butt .
- Baco Noir from Sandbank
County Cider Sausage:
- Finely ground sausage
- Infused with County Cider, spices and sweetened with Nyman Dark Maple Syrup.
Nyman Farms Dark Maple Syrup & Riesling
- A medium ground sausage, where the Riesling is maried with Nyman Dark Maple Syrup.
- Roasted hot peppers are added to my original Rieslin Salsiccia
- Local hot peppers from Laundry Farms in Picton are roasted in bacon fat and vac packed during the summer season then frozen to use for the whole year.
Chicken , Apple, Calvados
- Containing local apples and cider. Boulard Calvados Pays d’Auge
The Tipsy Dog:
This is my take on an artisan hot dog, made with good quality cuts of pork, not the “leftovers”, no fillers and additives..
- Smoked wiener style pork shoulder meat sausage
- Infused with Barley Day Wind and Sail Dark Ale, Spices and nitrates.
- Not emulsified, no additions.
- Can be steamed or boiled like hot dogs.
- Packages of 6 sausages about 360 grams total.
English style sausage with classic spices infused with McKinnon Brothers 8 Male English ale
County Breakfast Links
natural lamb casings, 100% pork butt, fresh herbs, Pluck tea, wine, propetary spice blend.
twisted cocktail sausage infused with sparkling wine and Aperol. meant to pair with a glass of Prosecco!
the Baco Noir Sausage smoked. think of a Kielbasa with out the fat, heavy spices infused with red wine.