5-course Tasting Menu Workshop
Angelo Bean is an artisan sausage maker, pasta maker and wine expert. His Cooking Studio is located in his home in the heart of wine country.
Angelo’s philosophy: ONTALIA, a union of Ontario and Italy: Italian Roots in Local Soil
Angelo’s passion is teaching traditional, regional Italian cooking using the best quality ingredients the County has to offer.
Angelo’s hands-on cooking workshops are conducted in a state-of-the-art professional kitchen surrounded by the contemporary County décor that Angelo handcrafted with care over the last few years. Included in the experience is a tour of the property (perhaps escorted by the resident feline family).
Guests are welcomed with a complimentary sparkling wine and stuzzichini (appetizers). The workshop begins with a visit to Angelo personal salumi cantina and sausage recipe testing shop. Angelo will share insights of traditional production of artisan salumi and sausages. You’ll work together in the realization of the menu.
1) Antipasto di Salumi: A selection of salumi, olive salad and palate cleansing crostini.
2) Zuppa di Fagioli e cozze (bean soup with mussels and seafood, served in a Martini glass). This is Angelo’s version of the Neapolitan pasta e fagioli e cozze. This rustic recipe is turned into a beautiful and refined cocktail.
3) Spaghetti alla Chitarra (hand made pasta made with Angelo’s special flour blend, cut on a traditional guitar. This is picture time! You will be creating beautiful pasta using your hands and vintage tools. The sauce is fresh and wholesome: semi-dried cherry tomatoes, fior di latte, mozzarella, fresh basil.
4) Salsiccia e Friarelli (sausage and rapini). The staple of Napoli street food turned into an edible, picturesque landscape on a dish. You will learn how to cook and serve the humble sausage (Angelo Bean wine-infused sausages) transformed into a masterpiece!
5) Dolce – formaggio (finale). Selection of Fifth town cheeses, Neapolitan pastries with Angelo’s espresso blend or Pluck Tea.
Courses include complimentary tasting of two local wines.
$99 per person plus HST.
This workshop is approximately 3 hours in length. Ideal for group parties!
1094 Christian Road, Bloomfield, ON
Prince Edward County